Adventures of Danielle & Eric! A journal dedicated to our family....

It's ME Danielle...your long lost relative! In the past 8 years I have been to Boston, Australia, New York, Miami Beach, California, and Finally back to UTAH! I have a bad habit of losing touch, so this is me redeeming myself! This blog is dedicated to my family...I LOVE YOU! I was recently married to the best person in the whole world. Now we have adventures together. We have a pupster named Rocco and just had our first baby girl in August...Chanel! Welcome to our CraZY World!

Friday, May 21, 2010

28 Weeks



I have always wanted to be that future mom that documented weekly pictures. But I am lucky to even get the monthly pics based off my schedule. I'm sure once I have the baby Eric and I are still going to be at the non-stop pace we are on right now. I think we should have been New Yorkers...it just never slows down at our house! Hopefully, though things might slow down a bit...hopefully:)

So I am 28 weeks weeks pregnant and I am for sure showing! Not that I shouldn't be...but at 4 months a co-worker said, "You look like you are 7 months pregnant!" I thought to myself..."WHY I OUTTTA.......!!!"

Being pregnant is such a new experience. Everything is brand new and exciting...especially if you are not sick. I would have to say I have been very fortunate to not have been sick during these past few months. I have however:
1) Increased in appetite
2) Increased in size
3) Yes I have already gained 20lbs...yikes!
4) Had most pregnant symptoms: heartburn, nausea and many others not to mention.

Cravings I've had...mind you I just came off of competition so a lot of these things are far far away from foods I would normally choose or approve of:
1) Sweets...never been into sweets but since this is Eric's baby...I know why I am craving them!
2) Spaghetti O's, Raviolio's-Chef Boy R'dee of course
3) Pickles
4) Taco Bell-7 Layer Burrito or anything really
5) Meals I had growing up that I haven't had in years: meatloaf, sloppy Joe's, mac n'cheese, goulash, cocoa puffs, BLT's.
6) Weird things: mashed potatoes and ketchup. Pretty much any kind of potato w/ ketchup-fried, mashed, french fries

The great moments, however, have been feeling the baby move. The first time was about 20 weeks and I felt 2 taps, like a someone was knocking on a door...from inside my stomach. At first I was not sure if that was it, but it continued to happened every day. Now I can actually see my stomach move and I can feel rolling around too. Eric was able to feel the baby a couple of weeks ago. For a while he wasn't very patient to wait for the baby, but then the moves got so strong that there was no denying them. One day we were watching the Jazz and the baby was going wild. Eric attributed it to her love for the Jazz. Even though she clearly is going to be a Piston fan:)

Speaking of she...most of you knew! We ARE HAVING A GIRL! This story is one for another day. I really wanted to be surprised...but Eric did not want to be. There was such a big divide that I caved. I am excited to know and it was a true surprise. I could have bet my entire life it was a boy. So since I found out it has felt like a new pregnancy:) I am excited to have a little lady to take care of.

Names....well we have about 25 and of course we haven't found one we agree on completely. We do have a few we both like, but I am sticking with waiting to name until we see her.

One thing I am looking forward to is seeing her. I have no idea, imagination or thought on what she is going to look like. It so crazy...but it feels so weird to think we are going to be parents of a baby that will resemble us or maybe not. I have NO IDEA. Either way, I cant wait for her arrival. Everyday is a blessing and the pregnancy is a reminder of how cool life is. We have so much to be thankful for!

2 comments:

Jessica Potter said...

Oh Dani! You are going to be the very best Mom. I am so glad you are documenting how you feel and your cravings and all. It will be special for little sister to look back someday and see. I can not wait to see this baby! I am so excited. Very happy she is a GIRL. I love girl clothes.

Rachel Fujikawa Palmer said...

girl...you still look hot with a belly...and taco bell does rock.