Adventures of Danielle & Eric! A journal dedicated to our family....

It's ME Danielle...your long lost relative! In the past 8 years I have been to Boston, Australia, New York, Miami Beach, California, and Finally back to UTAH! I have a bad habit of losing touch, so this is me redeeming myself! This blog is dedicated to my family...I LOVE YOU! I was recently married to the best person in the whole world. Now we have adventures together. We have a pupster named Rocco and just had our first baby girl in August...Chanel! Welcome to our CraZY World!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

THE ULITMATE WARRIOR-MY 6 MONTH TRANSFORMATION

DISCLAIMER: Many of you may feel this is immodest or very showy. I am okay with that. The sport I am involved in, is in fact a Physique sport. You are scored on your body and the work you have done. If you feel uncomfortable with it, please do not read this or voice it. I have worked very hard and am very proud of myself with or without your support. I am a fitness professional and this is and always will be my passion. It is important for myself and for my clients to know where you can end up given a strong goal to take your body to the limits. Each person/client can achieve looking their best given the drive to fulfill a fitness goal, whatever it may be. I am sharing that with those people and am documenting it for myself.

Cloud nine has arrived!!! WOW, what a whirlwind! So much to tell and share! The goal I set in the spring has been fulfilled! I can NOT believe it has arrived! It seemed like it would never come this day of October 10th! Honestly, I think I was just going to be stuck in summer, working out, dieting, and preparing for my first figure/bikini competitions! Well, my dream goal has been fulfilled. But not without a little sweat, hardship, frustration, and work work work!

Let me first start out by saying, this goal was one of THE HARDEST THINGS I HAVE EVER DONE! It wouldn’t have happened without determination. But it also wouldn’t have been possible without the support and encouragement Eric has shown me. He put up with a busy wife, a tired wife, a hungry wife, and let’s be honest…when you combine those things you get a MOODY wife! Eric, you are my champion, my rock and my biggest fan! I love you for helping me get through this and recognizing my goals and dreams. Thank you for being patient and loving me through a tough and grueling challenge in my life. Thank you for respecting my passions!

So….it all started with P90X! The program that promises to whip you in shape in 90 days! Those days were hard and rough, but nothing compared to the new goal I had! One day when I was researching diet and fitness, and I finally decided it was my time to shine! I have always wanted to do a figure competition; 3 years ago I went to my first show and told my friend I am going to do that one day!

Well, friends that day has arrived and I am not going to lie, I LOVED IT! Don’t get me wrong there was a time I was dyeing and swore I would never do it again. But isn’t that the lesson in life?? “It’s not supposed to be easy, but it will be worth it!”

There are a few things I would do differently. As Eric says, “hindsight is always 20/20!” I was busy and I isolated myself from a lot of things. At these competitions, I met a lot of women that have been doing this for years. MOST of them have kids and a family. I got a lot of pointers from them on how to continue staying in tip top shape while maintaining BALANCE! I am excited to utilize my new information and continue to work on my gains

I would like to start this out by taking you back to P90X. Eric and I had just gotten married and I was not really very motivating on training. I had went to the Doctor a lot because I was feeling really fatigued. I was not working very hard in the gym and I was eating semi-okay. This is where I started back in April 09:

The WORST PICTURES OF MYSELF!! uhhh




As I began this journey, I pursued P90X with Eric and we jammed out the next 3 months. Progress came, but nothing was more exciting than what came next…..COACH KRISSY!!!!

I was recommended a figure coach by my lovely friend Susie. Krissy Wyatt with Iron Heelz was like no other I have met. She was fiery, spunky, fun, and extremely motivated. I loved her from the start! She did NOT let me get away with selling myself short. She made sure I worked hard through the entire thing and made sure I was on track with my diet and also my workout schedule. I called and text her with just about every darn question I had and she always was so helpful and inspiring.

FUN PROGRESS PICTURES WITH CRAZY ABNER JANE!






Krissy talked me into doing a small show just to get use to the stage and get going. It was great advice at the time. As I look back now, I needed to get that stage fright out of the way, so that the important shows would allow me to present myself. The first show was sort of a flop. There were only 2 girls in the whole show! I got second...hahaha! But I really got to see what it was like to compete, diet for a show, and get all tanned!

VERY FIRST SHOW!!! BIKINI DIVISION



The 3 weeks until the second show, were probably my most miserable few weeks! I was tired and ready to be DONE! I felt like I was getting too skinny and the next one was a figure show. This meant I needed more muscle tone! I needed my abs to come in, my shoulder caps to come in, I also needed my quads and hamstrings to pop out a bit more. I started to get scared and had a few mental breakdowns to say the least. Eric kept me going by telling me I could do it. He made sure I took a break when I was absolutely at my end. It really helped to have someone there pushing you, but also helping you to know when to relax.

As that second show slowly came up, I was ready to back out and so I let Coach Krissy know. I told her I was unable to compete. I was cashed out and ready to focus on the last show (the NPC). I also told her I thought I did not put enough muscle tone on. I wanted to have Eric and her to let me back out of this one. But they didn’t! She told me many competitors do not feel ready and many of them are beginners. She said she would not be mad; however, most of her clients had the same fears I did. So I thought about it and realized I might as well, do it! I mean, I might not get back to this place again! Not to mention, I might be competing with a bunch of girls that felt the same way I did!

I went to the NGA show with a positive attitude. Krissy told me to not judge any other competitors…good or bad! I felt that advice was some of the best! It’s best to go into these shows with a positive attitude, knowing that you worked your hardest in the time given to bring what ya got! So I felt happy and achieved just being there! I met some great girls and loved the entire show!!! IT was such a great learning experience and a ton of fun! The bonus was I got 3rd place in the tall class! I can’t believe I placed, that was such a great feeling!

NGA...SECOND SHOW..FIRST FIGURE...3RD PLACE!






2 weeks left and I was feeling pretty darn good! I knew this next show was going to be much tougher competition…but I was ready! I worked as hard as I could on this last home stretch. With a few minor stressors that got me bumming…but I got through it and moved forward! Bikini division was where my body type fell for this final shin ding! Since I did well in the NGA, I felt I should give figure another go. So I decided to do both! I knew I was going to get smoked in figure, but hey…I’M HERE why not!!!

I got to Cottonwood High school at 8am, had my half grapefruit and was ready for the big show. The atmosphere was intense. As the competition arrived, I realized I was playing with the big dogs! My trainer got there and we were ready to get started on the first division (bikini). I looked at her and said, “I’m scared.” It was not like the last show, all the girls had trainers, hair people, makeup people, and the works! They were experience in shows and there physique was there to match! I practiced in the hallway and knew if I wanted to go home with a trophy, I had to bring my A game to bikini division. See, bikini is about physique, I knew I hit the marks in this division, BUT it is also about attitude, sass and being a model. This is the only division where you personality flare is judged. Not really the reason I did all this, but if that’s what they wanted I was going bring it! I practiced nonstop to my dance music in the hall. I kept thinking about my model days and my Aunt Susan telling me to, “Show the girls your model walk!” When it was time for prejudging, I worked the stage the best I knew how! I knew I went out there and did the best I could.

Now as for figure, my body just didn’t compare the ladies out there! I really was not fully physically ready to place in this show. But I really did love it and brought the best I had in the 3 months I was given to work. To top it off, I was sitting back stage and the love of my life came popping out of nowhere! Eric was gone the whole last week of my training to Lake Powell. I was so happy to have my champ there with me! The day was already complete!

The night show approached and I had an amazing group of people come and cheer me on! A friend from work made pictures of my face and held them up in the crowd and cheered…I LOVED IT! It was so great having friends and family there to cheer me on. You work so hard on this for so long and you are always alone in the gym or on your own schedule. It was amazing to have people there that recognized the work I put in. I’m glad they were able to see the show and understand what I was training for! Such a great inspiration to me to have people I love there!

To top it off, I placed 4th in Bikini and didn’t place in Figure. I was sooooo sooo happy with the outcome I couldn’t have been happier.



















My plans are to continue to lift heavy, eat clean, and compete again! I know I said I wouldn’t, but I think I get it now:) being a part of it helped me to put in perspective why I suffered through the summer! I had Red Iguana a few days later (my favorite restaurant) and got sick! I’m back on my eating clean diet and couldn’t be happier! Don’t worry …I will have my cheats here and there…but for the most part I love this stuff!

3 comments:

Lindsay Lieckfelt said...

you rock the house D!!! i see the six pack you've ALWAYS wanted :) I'm so, so proud of you! xoxo

Matt said...

Wow. All I can say is what an inspiration! To see the progress and know the work you put into this is unreal.

Deezy...thanks for sharing. I can't wait to go to the gym tonight!

Rachel Fujikawa Palmer said...

lady u so sexy :) cant wait to chill at christmas!