Adventures of Danielle & Eric! A journal dedicated to our family....

It's ME Danielle...your long lost relative! In the past 8 years I have been to Boston, Australia, New York, Miami Beach, California, and Finally back to UTAH! I have a bad habit of losing touch, so this is me redeeming myself! This blog is dedicated to my family...I LOVE YOU! I was recently married to the best person in the whole world. Now we have adventures together. We have a pupster named Rocco and just had our first baby girl in August...Chanel! Welcome to our CraZY World!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

P.R.O.J.E.C.T Suprise!!!









Happy 30th Birthday Eric! This past weekend was a ton of fun..at least I thought it was! I had a suprise birthday party for Eric. It's been an undercover project for at least 6 months...and he says he had no idea! I hope that is true, because we pulled off a fun party.

A while ago I asked Eric, "what kind of party is a fun summer party?" He responds in his best little kid voice, "A POOL PARTY!" And then the party planning began!

My goal was to find a place we could have a pool party and the search didnt last long, as I remembered Eric's Aunt Shawna did. She was kind enough for letting me use her pad for the party.

Next began the theme...well of course I wanted a beach theme, but I really wanted it to be more like a surf theme. Eric's heart belongs to the waves, so I tried to make it as "radical" as possible.

I had a lot of help for the setup. Thanks Sandy, Mikel, and Abner...I cant decorate alone! One great contributor was Eric's dad! He came up with the idea to take him golfing and then after they were going to stop and see there cousin. Which is by far the perfect plan...very natural, not forced, or suspious...Well played Craig!

He took a bit of time getting to the party so we just started without him! We had great food, with Tim 'Grill Master' Whitacker on the grill, and our awesome wedding Dj..DJ Hardcore Corey...playing some chill jams mixed with some 90's hip hop.

We got the call that he was on his way and so we got into position. With our neon green and pink sunglasses, party poppers, and bitthday horns we were ready for him to come! When he walked in the back yard, he didnt notice the decor, the giant blown up picture of him (thanks Heath), and dj booth, we jumped out and of course yelled, "SUPRISE!" DJ Corey jumped into position playing Easy E's hip hop Happy Birthday and immediately Eric started to dance! I ran up to him and threw his birthday hat on him, birthday necklace and his surfer shades. He was totally suprised....mission accomplished!

The party began and we ate, swam, danced and threw down on the pinata! Im so happy ERIC was born...Happy Birthday to HUSBAND!

3 comments:

Matt said...

What a great wifey you are. And that was a lot of fun being there and surprising Eric like that. Well done!

Tyson and Heather said...

What a great party...so fun!!! Wish I could've been there...way to go D!

The Andrews said...

lOOKS LIKE THE BEST SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY EVER! GREAT JOB DANIELLE!