Adventures of Danielle & Eric! A journal dedicated to our family....

It's ME Danielle...your long lost relative! In the past 8 years I have been to Boston, Australia, New York, Miami Beach, California, and Finally back to UTAH! I have a bad habit of losing touch, so this is me redeeming myself! This blog is dedicated to my family...I LOVE YOU! I was recently married to the best person in the whole world. Now we have adventures together. We have a pupster named Rocco and just had our first baby girl in August...Chanel! Welcome to our CraZY World!

Monday, July 20, 2009

Blue Moon and the 4th of July



WHoooo WEEEEEEEEE! This summer has been so much fun! I cant even stand it! Really its been going fast but has been full of so much excitement! I know it sounds like its over and for me it sorta is. I officially started training the last 2 weeks and my 2-a-days started TODAY! WOW...so tired! But so excited to take my fitness goals to a whole other level!

Umm so where should I start???? Hmmm...well the first great memory from summer has got to be Eric and I's date to see the Fleetwood Mac concert! Oh my gosh...I love Fleetwood! Stevie Nicks is my ultimate favorite and I want to name my firstborn after her! We had so much fun, I was so excited I don't think Eric knew what to do with me. They played a ton of our favorites and it was number 1 on my list of concerts I have been to! Not to mention, we were able to get WAY better seats since the area we were suppose to be in was unavailable so we basically got front row of the lower bowl.



YAH FOR FLEETWOOD MAC!!! BEST CONCERT EVER!!


The next lively event of the summer was good Ole' Idaho! I think I love this place so much because I appreciate the love Eric's dad, Craig, has for his home. He loves Idaho and had us all smell the air before we left.

The Idaho trip was for the Palmer family reunion. They have a reunion every 4 years. It was so fun! I can't believe how organized this reunion was! For crying out loud I thought we were just going to hang out and fish. Well by golly we were not even able to fish! We were too busy! How can you even be TOO busy in place with a population of 651.8?!?! Well we were! The family had everything from games, skit/talent night, a family play, river boat races (for the kids), and LOTS O' FOOD!


It was great! On our way up to Mackay, I picked up a great cowboy hat, I like to be ready for every occasion! And it was a hit. The trip up there was even fun! Eric and I sang songs and played games...HAHHA...no actually Eric probably thought what is wrong with this girl its just IDAHO! But for some reason I couldn't wait to get out of UTAH...I didn't care where we went!

So one of the highlights of the trip was the skit night. Of course I had been thinking for 2 weeks what should we do for a skit??? Anything to dress up...right!??!? Of course I wasn't getting the feel good vibes from Eric:) But then his mom and I went to yard sale and she picked up this tape dancing to the oldies with Richard Simmons. She thought it was the best thing since I don't know pumpkin pie! I was thinking, "what is so great about these tapes???" And then...VOILA...an idea sprang from her head that you wouldn't believe!!! OKAY OKAY let me back up, we were also at the yard sale with a few of the Palmer's cousins and low and behold one of the cousins had this great head of curly hair! As we were looking at the tapes he told us he could do Richard Simmons impersonations. So he did and then.......Mel got her idea. She decided we should dress up in 80's clothes and do a "sweatin to the oldies theme and have him direct us. So then the idea just kept flowing and just about everyone in Eric's immediate family joined in to our new project. Not to mention the whole town was helping us out. As our idea came about some lady lended us her boom box and then another a cd with 70's music...what a friendly little town! The skit was a goofy little adventure but I would expect nothing less from the Palmer's!


THE PALMERS


RICHARDS SIMONS DANCE CREW...SKIT NIGHT PALMER FAMILY REUNION CIRCA JUNE 2009!


HERE WE COME IDAHO!!!

Next up Michigan Trip! The best way to describe our Michigan trip is Party, Party, Party! As soon as we got there we had a party to get ready for. Little brother Mikey's graduation party:) Eric got to meet more crazies from the family. He even got to meet one of my many brothers...the infamous Bryant. They got along great and Eric even tried on his magnetic diamond earrings...bling bling fool! The party was great we had a nacho machine and Uncle Joe even brought his snow cone maker! My mom, had been busy away for the party. All the food was bomb and we indulged in momma Sandy's homemade mac&cheese...it was bomb! Although, it was freezing that day (so weird for Michigan in July) we still had a ton of fun! We are so proud of Michael graduating high school and even more proud of him going off to the NAVY! Not so happy about the new tattoos...but hey what can I say...I love that kid! Congratulations kiddo!


GRANDPA MAURICE & BRYANT


MIKEYS GRADUATION PARTY


ERIC WEARING SOME SWEET BLING ON HIS EARS! COMPLIMENTS OF B!


THE BROTHERS AND THE HUBBIE!


Bling bling homie!

The very next day we had another party on my dad's side for Eric & I and my cousin Tyler. Tyler and I have always been the long lost family members. Tyler graduated college and I got married so since we are always gone, most family members couldn't attend. So we had Michigan-Summer-Ho-down Pig Roast for all those who missed out! I cant begin to tell you how much fun it was! First off, Grandpa Gonzales got up at the butt-crack of dawn (2am) to start the roast! We all took turns going outside to hang out with him. It was a really cool process to watch and after all the work the pig was amazing to grub on! I loved it. I even helped carve the pig. We played volleyball and horseshoes, we had cake and pig all day long! Later that night we went to see the old cars drive around the fountain. I will have to say it was a poor showing this year! Not many cars to see:( But I did run into some friends from high school. That was amazing, actually it was like a high school reunion. I was in heaven! Family, food, being stuffed from food, and Marshall...I was loving life!


Little Toddy's first band debut!


Congrats TYLER!


Celebration Cake for Eric and I


Getting serious with the pig!


Brother Tom, Brother Todd, Cousin Tyler, Uncle Manuel, Uncle Richard, and MUAH!



And the next day......off to Traverse City! Side note: I promise Eric each time we go that I wont run him ragged, well, I think this time was worse...sorry buddy! We got up at 5am and drove 3 1/2 hours to northern Michigan, Traverse City. Its so beautiful up there and for the 4th they have the cherry festival, fireworks and great shopping! We planned to go up there to spend time with my grandparents and a few friends that live up there. As soon as we got there, we went to grandma and grandpa Charlies house. We had a great breakfast and played with the pup! It likes to catch rocks in its mouth...yeah I know that's kinda dangerous. But hey, the dog likes rocks! After that we drove into TC to our hotel that wasn't ready!!! AHHH...I needed a nap! So Eric and I laid on the beach waiting for our room. I decided to go for a walk and Eric got burnt! No really he was pretty toasty! After we finally got to our room and got ready and went shopping! Not to mention I think we ate the best hot dogs in all of the land! We were so hungry and we stopped in this shop where neither of us had our credit cards so we begged them to let us pay by check so we could eat. Maybe that's why the hot dogs were so good! Then we stopped for ice cream and they had my ultimate favorite...BLUE MOON! I was so happy, not to mention this was the last time I could eat whatever I wanted before training started. I indulged and it was amazing!!! Shopping was fun, eating was good, and boy were we tired! It all caught up to us that day. Later that night we met with my good friend Nez and her family for an amazing dinner at this beautiful hotel. It was so wonderful to catch up and see those ladies! We had a great time. After that we met with some other girls I lived with in high school and of course love these girls like sisters! We watched fireworks with their kids and enjoyed the 4th. Ultimately it was a great 4the of July!


Cherry SALSA TOO!


My burnt Husband and I


Michigan Burn...sorry buddy that sun gotcha!



Our quick visit with my girls Lynelle and Jess!


Sunset din din!


Dinner with the Hamati's in TC!


MY FAVORITE ICE CREAM...BLUE MOON! AND THAT WAS THE LAST TIME I HAD ICECREAM :(


Our Stunnas!


I LOVE MADONNA!


Cute little thrift store...I LOVED IT!


Awesome Betsy Johnson Dresses!


Eric enjoying Cherry Candy...of course it was the Cherry Festival!


Last day...off to Detroit! But of course we cant leave without seeing one last person, Eric's best friend Danny. He is living in Troy doing his residency and I am so jealous. If I were to live in Michigan again, I would live there. It made me so sad to have to leave. We hit up Royal Oak, one of my fav places and I got some awesome vintage dresses...that I LOVE! Ultimately it was a rocking trip as I finished off with a little Coney Island!


SOOOOO SAD TO GO HOME!!!

There's our summer trips in a nutshell :)

No comments: