Adventures of Danielle & Eric! A journal dedicated to our family....

It's ME Danielle...your long lost relative! In the past 8 years I have been to Boston, Australia, New York, Miami Beach, California, and Finally back to UTAH! I have a bad habit of losing touch, so this is me redeeming myself! This blog is dedicated to my family...I LOVE YOU! I was recently married to the best person in the whole world. Now we have adventures together. We have a pupster named Rocco and just had our first baby girl in August...Chanel! Welcome to our CraZY World!

Friday, June 19, 2009

The BIG KAHUNA

I have had some exciting plans brewing and I am so happy to make the announcement to all my friends and family. No it's not what you think it is...no bun in this oven! I will be honest though, I have been very afraid to tell a lot of people this news because of negative opinions or preconceived notions about what I am doing. SOOO...if you are reading this and do not have positive things to say or at least lie and pretend you are positive than READ no FURTHER!

As most of you know Eric and I have been doing this program called P90X. We have had a few friends and now family members doing it as well! Way to "BRING IT" Tim, Sandy, Paul and Heidi! While we have doing this program, I thought to myself, "why do I do these crazy workout trainings???" Besides doing it for myself, my health, and HEY its fun setting goals! But even more than that I wondered what it is I am trying to attain. And though some might think it is vain ....I am trying to attain the best body I can while healthy and young. Although, I know I will always try to eat right and exercise even as I grow older...its not suppose to end! But most of all I want to be seen as a trainer and have the physique to show.

With that being said, I have decided to enter a figure competition! Most of you are unaware or unsure of what this sport is, so I would like to share what is all about!
First off, the show I am entering is an "ALL natural" and no I am not talking about boobs! But an all natural physically sculpted physique. It is the mam'ma jamA of all the fitness events! By definition: "Figure" is a blend of bodybuilding and fitness. It is an option for those who want to compete but do not want to use acrobatics in routine or build muscle to the extreme of a bodybuilder. In some organizations, there are three components to "figure" - symmetry round, posing round, and routine round. There are several areas the judge's look for when comparing athletes and choosing a winner. These include: a high degree of definition and striation, poise, coordination, skin tone, artistic presentation and a high display of elegance, personality and glamour."

I am truly excited about this!!! It is one of my most favorite goals I have ever made! IT is also going to be my most challenging! I have a coach that is a wonderful, spunky, high energy lady that has competed and has coached many girls in these shows. Eric and I went to show a few weeks ago and met her. She coached a girl who won the whole thing. Although, I am going to work as hard as I can to win, this will be my first time and I am going to be so greatful just being able to BE in the show! I start officially training July 6th and it will be extremely intense! I will be on a strict diet, so if I can't eat something you make don't be offended, I will be sad as well! The training is going to be for 3 months and the show is at the end of September with another one at the beginning of October. I hope everyone can make it out and support me. I will be posting pictures through out this time and letting all of you know my progress! I have posted some pictures of what some competitors look like. Here are two quotes from my FAVORITE fitness model, Jaime Eason, I live by them!

"This is your life. If you are not who you want to be, change it! It won’t be easy and it may take some time, but surround yourself with people who love and support you and go for it! No regrets! Only you dwell on your failures. Good luck and remember the inner strength you’ll achieve from adopting a healthy lifestyle far supersedes anything physical."

"The biggest lesson I have learned is that even the most beautiful men and women have insecurities. No one is perfect and beauty is subjective. Just like music and food are a preference, so is beauty and what predicates a fit body. Everyone will always have an opinion."

MY HERO: JAIME EASON

My mentor and winner Shannon Davies!

Shannon again!

Figure Competitor



WISH ME LUCK!

7 comments:

Matt said...

Danielle!!

Seriously, I think that is so awesome! Go for it and don't look back. I know exactly how it when you want something so bad and it becomes your lifestyle. Plus, sometimes the old routine gets boring and it's nice to mix it up and push yourself to new peaks.

This is inspiring! You've got a supporter in me.

Jessica Potter said...

Way to go! You are amazing, a real goal achiever! Way proud of you! :)

The Palmer's said...

Thanks so much for all the support!

Rachel Fujikawa Palmer said...

hey danielle....i didn't give you permission to post those pictures of me....

The Palmer's said...

Rachel...I'm so sorry I just...I had to post them! YOU ARE JUST SOOO HOT!

Tyson and Heather said...

you go girl, woo woo:)!

Staci said...

Danielle that is AWESOME. I am so proud of you. I have the P90X. You will be my inspiration. I was in the best shape last summer. Then winter hit. Need to get back to eating cottage cheese HA. You are amazing person!!!