Adventures of Danielle & Eric! A journal dedicated to our family....

It's ME Danielle...your long lost relative! In the past 8 years I have been to Boston, Australia, New York, Miami Beach, California, and Finally back to UTAH! I have a bad habit of losing touch, so this is me redeeming myself! This blog is dedicated to my family...I LOVE YOU! I was recently married to the best person in the whole world. Now we have adventures together. We have a pupster named Rocco and just had our first baby girl in August...Chanel! Welcome to our CraZY World!

Monday, November 10, 2008

It's Official!!!!





I am so excited to announce I am engaged to an amazing, great, cool, totally radical, handsome MAN...ERIC PALMER! This last Friday was a day to remember! Eric totally suprised me and proposed. Not only that but he did it in the most incredible way you could think of.
So heres the story....We were on our way out to go meet some friends of Eric's in Park City for dinner. Before we left he said we had a bit of time and wanted to go to Memory Grove. Memory Grove is downtown and is close to the capital. I usually do a lot of my running there. He told me his mom needed us to go there to check out this venue that could be a possible spot to get married if that day EVER comes. So I was like okay, and I was just chatting about the day being the usual Danielle in my own world. We got out of the car and we started walking toward the building and over to our right there was this monument all lit up. Eric was like whats that? I was like I dont know...(I actually couldnt see because I didnt have my glasses on). Eric was like I think its a Jewish prayer or something lets go see it. I was like really thats what a Jewish prayer is? He was like yah, I think so. So we headed over all the while I was talking not paying attention. We walked up a small path and there were hanging candles and ice on the ground. Still I had no clue what was going on. As we walked up some steps I saw more candles surronding the monument. I looked at him and said, "I dont think we should be here?" He looked at me and smiled and then before I knew it he was on his knee and he said, "Danielle my angel will you marry me?" I, OF COURSE, said "YES!" And then I looked to my left and there was a small table set up and in this glass case the ring was sitting there. He put the ring on we hugged. After that I still dont think it sunk in and for about 2 minutes straight I kept saying, "Are you serious!!!!" He kept smiling and laughing and said, "Yes, I want to spend the rest of my life making you happy." I was like, "are you sure?" And to my suprise he was;) We sat at the table and he had sparkling cider, prociutto and crackers, chocolates and a dozen white roses. Later, I asked him are we still going to Park City? HE was like yes, but not with my friends. HE said he had another suprise. We drove up to Park City and he took me to one of the best resorts in all of North America, Deer Valley, and an even more amazing place for dinner...Stein Eriksen. It was a beautiful cozy lodge restraunt.


The set up was incredibly detailed and beautiful. I couldnt have thought of anything else like it. It was the greatest moment of my life. I am so happy to be with such a noble man! HE is so great. Seriously he is so good to me and I am thankful he will be the man I spend eternity with!



























7 comments:

Andrew said...

im so happy for you.
everything was so beautiful i almost cried (but i have to be a man so i wont lol)

hopefully one day i can be as happy as youu


congratss!!! love youu!!

Aunt Susan said...

WOW!!!! It is all SO beautiful!! What a wonderful story! Congratulations!!!!

Love,

Aunt Susan Uncle Brant, Taylor, Katie and Carly!! They are so excited for you!!

The Palmer's said...

Thanks Andrew....its okay to cry! You are still a man:) Thanks for the congrats!

Matt said...

What an amazing story! Danielle, we are sooo happy for you two! You make a great couple and we are excited for you to start life together!!

Tyson and Heather said...

Ahhh! Love it:)! You beautiful sista-in-law of mine! It all looked INCREDIBLY breathtaking...oh my, oh my. What a night to remember. LOVE THE RING..so perfectly YOU.

The George's said...

We are so excited Eric finally asked you to be part of the family. We looks forward to getting to know you better at the ranch for Thanksgiving. Congrats. I love the ring!

AbnerJane said...

Beautifully written Danielle... Are you sure it's true? Wow!!! It's like something from the story books with the pictures to-boot. The ring is beautiful... You two are beautiful... Love is beautiful... I was touched deeply as I read and was filled with sooo much happiness for you. You deserve it all. Both of you! You have worked hard for it- I just love you so much and I'm so so happy for you dear friend... I need a tissue!