Adventures of Danielle & Eric! A journal dedicated to our family....

It's ME Danielle...your long lost relative! In the past 8 years I have been to Boston, Australia, New York, Miami Beach, California, and Finally back to UTAH! I have a bad habit of losing touch, so this is me redeeming myself! This blog is dedicated to my family...I LOVE YOU! I was recently married to the best person in the whole world. Now we have adventures together. We have a pupster named Rocco and just had our first baby girl in August...Chanel! Welcome to our CraZY World!

Monday, February 23, 2009

B-DAY & V-DAY!

I love February! Mostly because my birthday is on the 13th and following is one of my favorit holidays....Valentines Day! I have always loved Valentines Day...mostly because its colors are pink and red, its a feel good holiday (you dont always have to have a Valentine), and my birthday is right in sync with this splendid occasion.
When I was younger, every year my mom would bring in cupcakes for my birthday. One year my grandpa and mom brought them in. SO we had cupcakes in the morning and cupcakes in the afternoon. Then V-Day came and we had cupcakes then TOO! I also loved Valentines day, because we were able to make Valentines boxes. I loved being as creative as possible. I remember my friend Jimmy Sherman in 4th grade made his V-day box a ROBOT! It was so impressive! So that is just a tidbit of why I love February......and NOW my anniversary will be the exact weekend before 2.7.09! February is going to be big month for Eric and I...maybe next year we will take the whole month off to celebrate!
So this year for my Birthday...I had a lunch shin dig with the Palmer ladies. We went to the Beehive Tea Room. ITs this darling place that has the best food and is so cute! Its very antiquish and old 40's. Very fun..we had sandwiches and hot chocoloates! I got some very comfy gifts. As for the evening I invited a few friends to come out and go to my favorite restraunt....RED IguanA!!! YAH! But it was no regular trip....we had to wear sombrerros for the occasion! It was fun...and pretty goofy! But if you know me you know I have no shame...so the hats were just perfectO! Eric, Jess, Britny, and Mikell all came out. I got my salad spinner from Eric I was totally stoked for! Jess got me a picture frame and picture to put up of Eric and I at work. She also got me an engraved box for my ring...I love it! Mikell got me this great glass flower that is black and silver from her art gallery. We had fun and enjoyed the bomb food at The Red Iguana:)






Following my fun and funky birthday...we had an "at home Valentines Day." We mostly tried to reorganize our apartment and get settled (we are still not done)! I used my new fondue machine for our dinner and we had a full fondue meal! We had cheese fondue to start with garlic loaf bread, then a mixed green salad w/ grapes and lemon feta...moving on to the meal we had a beef brothe foundu pot and we dipped potatoes, carrots, broccili, cauliflower and marinated steak with garlic herb rice as our side. To end we had chocolate fondue with marshmellow, rasberries and apples! IT was so bomb! The best part was the gift....I got Eric a gift that is for me as well! 2 tickets to NYC for next year HALLOWEEN! Time to start thinking of ideas......NOT!

2 comments:

*** said...

What a BLAST! Sorry we missed out on that sombrero party, looks like so much fun. You are one hilarious, fun gal and I am so excited to have you in the fam!!

The Andrews said...

Lady...where's a new post?!